Anchorage’s Premiere Catholic High School for Grades 7-12
“Schools like Lumen Christi give me hope!”—His Eminence, Cardinal Timothy Dolan
Pope’s Ambassador – Apostolic Nuncio Archbishop Carlo Vigano visits Lumen Campus
The Holy See’s Apostolic Nuncio to the United States, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, visited Lumen Christi’s campus Friday, December 12, 2014 and according to the Archbishop such visits are one of his preferred activities. With a scheduled morning visit, Lumen stood on the top of his otherwise busy schedule of establishing Lady of Guadalupe into a co-cathedral. Principal Harmon welcomed Archbishops Vigano and Schwietz, and Frs. Leo and Jacob joined the warm reception that led into a jovial touring of the classrooms. Students were excited and nervous to meet Archbishop Vigano yet he took the opportunity to pose a challenging question by asking how Lumen students stood for the light of Christ as suggest in the school’s name Lumen Christi. One 8th grade student suggested that they brought the light of Jesus to the people they meet, a response that Archbishop Vigano and bystanders appreciated and confirmed. Accompanied by the Student Government Co-presidents Cassandra Zitzow and Robin Jones, his Excellency visited each classroom and teacher and he inquired into the classes’ subjects and projects and in appreciation for his visit one class made him a big thank you card. The tour finally led to the gym, where sport and exercises were discussed and the Archbishop told listeners that he enjoyed riding the bicycle while in Rome and playing tennis when he resided in Nigeria. He entertained everybody with a couple of humorous personal anecdotes. The Archbishop’s visit was concluded with a gifting of the Lumen scarf to his Excellency and Archbishop Schwietz, which came in handy for their upcoming visit to Fairbanks. With pleasure Archbishop Vigano accommodated Principal Harmon’s request for a blessing for all students, teachers, and staff. After Cardinal Dolan’s visit last spring, this was the second time that Lumen Christi High School was blessed to be on a scheduled visit by a high-ranking dignitary.
If you would like to see some photos of the Archbishop’s visit, you can go to Lumen’s Facebook page.
The Catholic Anchor also published an article: Pope’s U.S. ambassador impressed by Anchorage’s Lumen Christi High School
Attention: SAT / ACT Registration
Students registering for the SAT / ACT need to use the CEEB code 020317 to have the test results sent to Lumen Christi.
Help Lumen Christi High School Earn Donations
By shopping at Fred Meyer and Amazon Smile you can have donations by the companies directed to Lumen Christi.
For Fred Meyer
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to (non-profit) at fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name Lumen Christi High School
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping Lumen Christi High School earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- For more information, please visit fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
- AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you.
- To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
- On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
- Please see complete AmazonSmile program details.
Looking for a direct link to our Sport Department?
Click here: Sports Department
New basketball schedules posted here.