Our Vision – “Lumen 2020”
- We will remain Anchorage’s premier Catholic High School – holding true to our Mission, Philosophy, and Core Values: Faith, Family, and Excellence.
- We will maintain rigorous academic standards and earn reaccreditation through AdvancED.
- We will be filled to capacity with over 120 diverse students helping to form a strong and vibrant Archdiocesan school system.
- We will grow our sports programs to include active and competitive track, cross-country, tennis and riflery teams.
- We will start a capital campaign to increase scholarship support and expand our facilities with additional classrooms, office space, and a science laboratory.
- We will host an annual or biennial Catholic education conference with educators from around Alaska to share ideas and develop professionally.
- We will continue to develop morally strong, selfless, and responsible young men and women imbued with the proud “Attributes of Lumen Graduates.”
We are called to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ,
to build community, and to serve our brothers and sisters.
We are united in our Core Values of
Living Faith, Celebrating Family, and Achieving Excellence.
Our Core Values
- We deepen our Catholic Faith while learning from and respecting the beliefs of others.
- We seek to teach as Jesus did – challenging, loving, and guiding our students.
- We serve our community as Jesus would serve – with compassion, reverence, and justice.
- We support parents in their role as the first educators of their children in the Catholic Faith.
- We respect the dignity and worth of every person as a unique creation of an all-loving God.
- We strive to be financially accessible to families willing to adhere to our core values.
- We focus on our students’ spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical needs.
- We are committed to producing graduates who act with integrity and self-discipline.
- We develop students who are passionately faithful, intellectually astute, and socially responsible.