Our Mission: As a ministry of St. Benedict Parish,
Lumen Christi High School provides a rigorous Catholic education
in a Christ-like environment!
Our Core Values: Living Faith, Celebrating Family, and Achieving Excellence
Important Upcoming Dates:
- August 14-18th: Teacher In-Service
- August 17th: New Parent Orientation, 7pm
- August 21st: First Day of School
- August 25th: Back to School Night & Picnic, 6pm
- August 31st-September 1st: Senior Class Retreat
- September 4th: No School, Labor Day
- September 21st-22nd: HS Retreat
New Parent Orientation: A huge welcome to all of our new families, we are excited that you are now part of Lumen’s family!! New parent orientation will start at 7pm on August 17th. This is a great forum to meet some of our staff members and get all of your questions answered before school starts.
1st day of School: Monday, August 21st is the 1st day of school. Just a few reminders and tidbits:
- Schedules will be handed out as students arrive
- HS students will be available to help JH students open lockers if needed.
- Daily Mass will not be offered on the first day of school because we will have an all school Mass with Archbishop Etienne at 9am. All parents are welcome to join us.
- We will follow a Thursday schedule due to Mass.
- The tardy bell will ring at 7:45am. Students should start the morning and end the day in their Advisory Program classroom as follows:
7th grade: Mrs. Robertson
8th grade: Mr. Bauzon/Mr. Palumbo
9th grade: Mrs. Spillers
10th grade: Mrs. Craig
11th grade: Mr. Harmon/Dr. Carlson
12th grade: Ms. Brewer
Student Government Lunches: Student Government will not provide lunch the first week of school. Please be sure to send a lunch to school with your child during the first week of school. SGA lunches will begin on Monday, August 28th.
Back to School Night: Please join us on August 25th for Back to School Night at 6pm.
- 6-6:30pm Meet our Teachers: When you arrive, pick up your child’s class schedule and visit with their teachers.
- 6:30pm: Everyone will meet in the gym for a brief welcome and introduction from our Principal and Father Tom before the BBQ.
School Ties: School ties are no longer available for purchase at the school office. The vendor we previously ordered from has gone out of business. We have found a near perfect match through Parker Uniforms and have decided to add this tie to Lumen Christi’s shopping site on their website. Keep in mind when ordering that the tie will be available in two different sizes (Prep size and Adult). We have finalized the details with Parker Uniforms and they said the tie should arrive on Lumen’s shopping site within the next week.
Add/Drop Deadline: Students have until 12:30 on September 1st to make any changes to their schedules. They should meet with Mrs. Brewer to discuss any possible changes. You may email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a time to meet with her.
Unified Journeys: Unified Journeys (formerly known as Catholic Student Exchange) is looking for families who are interested in hosting a student from Guatemala from Mid-October through Mid-December. Three of our families did this a couple years ago and it was a great experience for everyone. More details are attached to Lumen News. Please see the office if you are interested or have additional questions.
Picture Day: School picture day will be on the morning Wednesday, September 6th.
Yearbook: Did you forget to order a yearbook at registration? It’s not too late!! You can order anytime through the year, however right now through September 1st, the yearbook is only $65 and includes the student’s name on the cover. After September 1st, the price will increase to $70 and the name will no longer be an option on the cover. Please see Mrs. Estes if you’d like to purchase a yearbook.
PVO News: We are excited to have our Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO) starting back up this year! Danielle Rybicki will be our President and Jessica Lirette will continue to be our Secretary. Please consider attending our first PVO Meeting Tuesday, September 12th at 7pm. We will be looking for ways to support our school and taking ideas for the future of our Lumen PVO. We are also looking to fill a few positions-
- Vice President of PVO
- Concession Stand Coordinator: Someone to keep the concession stand organized and do the shopping for our home sporting events.
- Gun Show Coordinator for Next Year- (shadow this year’s coordinator this fall to learn the ropes)PVO would also like to invite all parents to join us for coffee and tea following drop off on the first day of school- August 21st downstairs in the parish hall. Say hello to friends and welcome new parents. Mass will be celebrated at 9 am with Archbishop Etienne. This is a great way to start off the new school year and we hope to see you there.
- If you are interested in helping with any of these positions or have any questions about them, please contact Danielle (email@example.com).